Quá khứ hoàn thành (Past Perfect) là thì thường gặp trong các bài thi tiếng Anh. Thì này gây khó khăn không ít cho các bạn học tiếng Anh. Vì vậy, trong bài viết này Bhiu.edu.vn sẽ cung cấp đến các bạn lý thuyết chi tiết và ví dụ thì quá khứ hoàn thành.
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành là thì dùng để chỉ một hành động đã hoàn thành trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ, hoặc để chỉ một hành động diễn ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Như vậy, một cách để dễ nhớ khái niệm của thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh đó là: đã hoàn thành và trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ.
Công thức: S + had (not) + V3
Câu khẳng định
|Chủ từ||had + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had + V3|
- John had gone out when I came into the room. / John đã đi ra ngoài khi tôi vào phòng.
- He had finished his work before the deadline last week. / Anh ấy đã hoàn thành công việc của anh ấy trước hạn chót vào tuần trước.
Câu phủ định
Ta thêm not vào phía sau had.
|Chủ từ||had not + V3 / hadn’t + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had not + V3 / hadn’t + V3|
- Mary hadn’t come home when I got into the room. / Mary vẫn chưa về nhà khi tôi vào phòng.
- He hadn’t finished his lunch when I saw him. / Anh ấy vẫn chưa ăn xong bữa trưa khi tôi trông thấy anh ấy.
|Từ hỏi||Chủ từ||Động từ|
|Had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
|-wh question + had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
- Had the TV programme ended when you arrived home? / Chương trình TV đã kết thúc khi bạn tới nhà phải không?
- What had she thought before he asked the question? / Cô ấy đã nghĩ điều gì trước khi anh ấy hỏi câu hỏi vậy?
Xem thêm các bài viết liên quan:
- 101 Ví dụ thì tương lai đơn trong tiếng anh
- 10 ví dụ về thì Hiện Tại Đơn dễ hiểu nhất
- 100 câu bài tập thì Hiện tại đơn có đáp án chi tiết
Ví dụ thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Dưới đây là 100 câu ví dụ được tổng hợp từ nhiều nguồn:
- The fire had already reached the roof by the time the firemen arrived.
- John went to prison because he had stolen money.
- Duong went to bed after he had watched his favourite TV programme.
- My brother bought the new motorbike after he had tried it a few times.
- By the time Linh got to the party, everyone had eaten.
- Chi had eaten all the ice cream before I opened the fridge.
- There was a lot of snow outside because it had snowed earlier in that day.
- Hoa didn’t pass the test because she hadn’t studied at all.
- He had met her before the party.
- By the time the police arrived, the burglar had broken into my neighbour’s house.
- The boy felt guilty because he had drunk all the milk.
- Our flat was robbed because we hadn’t locked the front door.
- My mother couldn’t find the money because she had hidden it in a drawer.
- Linh didn’t have money for the train because she had forgotten to ask her mother.
- My sister had never visited the farm until her father took her.
- His bicycle wasn’t there because a friend had taken it without asking him.
- Mary was arrested after she had escaped from prison.
- When Khanh met Quyen, he had joined the Navy.
- Before he arrived at the airport, he had paid the taxi driver.
- The plane had taken off when we got to the airport.
- The shop was closed because the shop assistant had left before closing time.
- The robbers had stolen all the money when the alarm rang.
- When I arrived home, the TV program had started.
- He had lived in Vietnam before she went to China.
- After they had eaten the lobster, they got an allergy.
- If you had listened to me, you would have got the job.
- He had established his company before 2010.
- When we had finished dinner, we went out.
- I had rented a house.
- I had fallen asleep before 10 o’clock.
- We were late for the plane because we had forgotten our passports.
- He told me that he had studied a lot before the exam.
- The grass was yellow because it hadn’t rained all summer.
- The lights went off because I hadn’t paid the electricity bill.
- Mary hadn’t done her homework, so she was in trouble.
- They hadn’t eaten anything, so we went to a food stall nearby.
- I couldn’t go to the concert because I hadn’t bought the tickets.
- He said that he hadn’t visited Vietnam before.
- John and Anna hadn’t met before the party.
- He hadn’t had lunch when she arrived.
- Mr. John hadn’t used email before, so I showed him how to use it.
- Mary hadn’t studied for the test, so she was really nervous.
- Linh had bought this pen before he gave it to her.
- Harry had washed the dishes before his mom came back.
- He had written a report before the due date.
- Chi had done her exercise by last Monday.
- They had not finished the monument before the inspectors came.
- John had seen this movie before Mary asked to go with her.
- After Vy had cleaned the windows, she rushed to the flower market.
- After my sister had had dinner, she studied.
- John had forgotten what I said.
- My nephew hadn’t brushed her teeth before she went to bed last night.
- I went home after I had eaten a big roasted chicken.
- I had moved to Hanoi to live before my little brother got married.
- After Harry had gone home, we arrived.
- Had you surfed here before?
- When we got out of the office, the lights had gone out.
- By the time we started our work, he had explained everything clearly.
- Before I came home, my mother had watered the garden.
- Had you spoken to her before?
- They went home after they had completed their work.
- John said that he had met Sir. John before.
- Before she went to bed, she had read a detective comic.
- He told me he hadn’t worn such kind of odd clothes before.
- When John came to the stadium, the match had already started.
- Before he listened to music, he had done his homework.
- Last night, Linda had gone to the supermarket before she got home.
- The police came when the robbers had gone away.
- She had finished all her homework before 11 o’clock last night.
- If she had come to see me yesterday, I would have taken her to the movies.
- When I came, my mother had already left.
- By the time I met Linda, I had worked in that company for 6 years.
- Had you visited Sri Lanka before this trip?
- Where had the dog gone?
- The Titanic sank after it had hit an iceberg.
- After Messi had scored a goal, the referee ended the match.
- After my sister had prepared for the meal, she took a short nap.
- After Harry had escaped from the building, he ran to the police station.
- After Hoa had performed her hit song in the stadium, another singer covered it.
- After the school had finished, Hoa went to the Internet service.
- Before the lorry stopped, it had caused an accident.
- Before you came back, your sister had left.
- Before John got home, he had gone to the mall.
- Before my father came to see me, he had driven a very long way.
- Before they said goodbye to each other, they had quarrelled.
- Harry had never travelled by plane by the time he won a big lottery ticket.
- She had bought a new phone by the time he gave her another one.
- He had eaten a big meal by the time I went to the restaurant.
- The plane had left by the time Lan got to the airport.
- He hadn’t turned off the fans by the time he went out.
- I had closed the door before leaving.
- Had he seen a psychiatrist before?
- He had sold his house by the time his parents visited him.
- She had decided to break up after they had an argument.
- I wished I had told Linda the truth
- When we had settled down, we started our own business.
- I wished I had bought that house when I had the chance
- He had already finished his writing poems by 2021.
- As soon as I had got out of the motorbike, I entered the house immediately.
- By the time Linda met me yesterday, I had jogged for 3 hours.
Trên đây là những kiến thức về thì quá khứ hoàn thành và 100 ví dụ về thì quá khứ hoàn thành mà Bhiu cung cấp nhằm giúp các bạn ôn luyện và nắm vững kiến thức về thì này. Chúc các bạn học tập thật hiệu quả! Bạn hãy ghé thăm Học ngữ pháp tiếng Anh để có thêm kiến thức mỗi ngày.