Kiến thức về thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh là một trong những kiến thức cơ bản và cực kỳ quan trọng. Trong bài viết này, Bhiu.edu.vn sẽ cung cấp cho các bạn về công thức, cách dùng và 100 ví dụ về thì quá khứ hoàn thành để các bạn nắm vững kiến thức này.
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh được sử dụng để diễn tả một hành động đã hoàn thành trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ, hoặc để diễn tả một hành động xảy ra trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Các trường hợp dùng thì quá khứ hoàn thành:
- Diễn tả hành động đã diễn ra và hoàn thành trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ.
- Diễn tả hành động đã diễn ra và đã hoàn thành trước một hành động khác trong quá khứ.
Như vậy, từ khóa để ta nhớ về cách dùng thì quá khứ hoàn thành trong tiếng Anh đó là: đã hoàn thành và trước một thời điểm trong quá khứ.
Công thức của thì quá khứ hoàn thành
Công thức: S + had (not) + V3
Câu khẳng định
|Chủ từ||had + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had + V3|
- She had gone out when John came into the house. / Cô ấy đã đi ra ngoài khi John vào nhà.
- We had finished our work before the deadline last week. / Chúng tôi đã hoàn thành công việc của chúng tôi trước hạn chót vào tuần trước.
Câu phủ định
Ta thêm not sau had.
|Chủ từ||had not + V3 / hadn’t + V3|
|I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||had not + V3 / hadn’t + V3|
- Mary hadn’t come home when John got into the house. / Mary vẫn chưa về nhà khi John vào nhà.
- They hadn’t finished their lunch when Peter saw them. / Họ vẫn chưa ăn xong bữa trưa khi Peter trông thấy họ.
|Từ hỏi||Chủ từ||Động từ|
|Had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
|-wh question + had||I / You / We / They / He / She / It / Danh từ số ít / Danh từ số nhiều||V3 + ?|
- Had the film ended when Mary arrived at the cinema? / Bộ phim đã kết thúc khi Mary tới rạp chiếu phim phải không?
- What had he thought before she asked the question? / Anh ấy đã nghĩ điều gì trước khi cô ấy hỏi câu hỏi vậy?
100 ví dụ về thì quá khứ hoàn thành
- The fire had already reached the roof by the time the firemen arrived.
- Minh went to prison because he had stolen a lot of money.
- John went to bed after he had watched his favourite TV programme.
- My brother bought the new motobike after he had tried it a few times.
- By the time John got to the party, everyone had eaten.
- Peter had eaten all the ice cream before John opened the fridge.
- There was a lot of snow outside because it had snowed earlier in that day.
- Mary didn’t pass the test because she hadn’t studied at all.
- He had met him before the party.
- By the time the police arrived, the burglar had broken into our neighbour’s house.
- The boy felt guilty because he had drunk all the coffee.
- Our flat was robbed because we hadn’t locked the front door.
- My brother couldn’t find the money because he had hidden it in a drawer.
- John didn’t have money for the train because he had forgot to ask his mother.
- Peter had never visited the farm until his mother took him.
- His bicycle wasn’t there because a friend had taken it without asking him.
- John was arrested after he had escaped from prison.
- When Peter met Mary, he had joined the Navy.
- Before we arrived at the airport, we had paid the taxi driver.
- The plane had taken off when we got to the airport.
- The shop was closed because the shop assistant had left before closing time.
- The robbers had stolen all the money when the alarm rung.
- When Mary arrived at the cinema, the film had started.
- He had lived in Laos before he went to Viet Nam.
- After they had eaten the lobster, they got allergy.
- If you had listened to me, you would have got the job.
- She had established her company before 2010.
- When we had finished lunch, we went out.
- Mary had rented an apartment.
- I had fallen asleep before 8 o’clock.
- They were late for the plane because they had forgot their passports.
- John told me that he had studied a lot before the exam.
- The grass was yellow because it hadn’t rained all summer.
- The lights went off because I hadn’t paid the electricity bill.
- I hadn’t done my homework, so I was in trouble.
- They hadn’t eaten anything, so we went to a food stall nearby.
- They couldn’t go into the concert because Linh hadn’t brought the tickets.
- He said that he hadn’t visited China before.
- John and Mary hadn’t met before the party.
- John hadn’t had lunch when Mary arrived.
- Mr. Jackson hadn’t used email before, so I showed him how to use it.
- Mary hadn’t studied for the test, so she was really nervous.
- He had bought this pen before he gave it to her.
- Linh had washed the dishes before his mom came back.
- Maty had written a report before the due date.
- Peter had done his exercise by last Monday.
- We had not finished the monument before the inspectors came.
- Mary had seen this movie before John asked to go with him.
- After John had cleaned the windows, he rushed to the flower market.
- After my sister had had dinner, she studied.
- He had forgotten what John said.
- My brother hadn’t brushed his teeth before he went to bed last night.
- They went home after they had eaten a big roasted chicken.
- I had moved to Hoi An to live before my little brother got married.
- After John had gone home, we arrived.
- Had you surfed here before?
- When we got out of the office, the lights had gone out.
- By the time we started our work, Mary had explained everything clearly.
- Before my sister came home, my mother had watered the garden.
- Had you spoken to Peter before?
- We went home after we had completed our work.
- She said that she had met Sir. Jackson before.
- Before John went to bed, he had read a detective comic.
- Potter told me he hadn’t worn such kind of odd clothes before.
- When Mary came to the stadium, the match had already started.
- Before Tuan listened to music, he had done his homework.
- Last night, Hung had gone to the supermarket before he got home.
- The police came when the robbers had gone away.
- We had finished all our homework before 9 o’clock last night.
- If she had come to see me yesterday, I would have taken her to the movies.
- When I came, my sister had already left.
- By the time I met Linda, I had worked in that company for 3 years.
- Had you visited your father before this trip?
- Where had the cat gone?
- The Titanic sank after it had hit an iceberg.
- After Messi had scored a goal, the referee ended the match.
- After my sister had prepared for the meal, she took a short nap.
- After John had escaped from the building, he ran to the police station.
- After Mai had performed her hit song in the stadium, another singer covered it.
- After the school had finished, Tuan went to the Internet service.
- Before the lorry stopped, it had caused an accident.
- Before John came back, his wife had left.
- Before Mary got home, she had gone to the mall.
- Before my father came to see me, he had driven a very long way.
- Before they said goodbye to each other, they had quarrelled.
- I had never travelled by plane by the time I won a big lottery ticket.
- Mary had bought a new cellphone by the time John gave her another one.
- He had eaten a big meal by the time they went to the restaurant.
- The plane had left by the time Hoa got to the airport.
- he hadn’t turned off the fans by the time he went out.
- They had closed the door before leaving.
- Had he seen a psychiatrist before?
- Hoa had sold her house by the time her parents visited her.
- I had decided to break up after we had an argument.
- I wished I had told him the truth
- When we had settled down, we started our own business.
- I wished I had bought that car when I had the chance
- He had already finished him writing poems by 2021.
- As soon as Emma had got out of the car, she entered the house immediately.
- By the time I met you yesterday, I had jogged for 3 hours.
Hy vọng, bài viết này sẽ là thông tin tham khảo hữu ích về công thức, cách dùng và 100 ví dụ về thì quá khứ hoàn thành. Chúc các bạn có thể nhanh chóng nắm vững kiến thức này. Bạn hãy ghé thăm Học ngữ pháp tiếng Anh để có thêm kiến thức mỗi ngày.